Ceraxon is a synthetic nootropic drug, which helps not only to protect, but also restore the nerve cells. It is recommended to consult with a specialist before application, because self-treatment may harm the patient. The medication has the indications and contraindications, which must be taken into account before the start of the course.
It is necessary to pay special attention to the special qualities of the drug. It is available in the form of solution for intramuscular or intravenous administration, a solution form for oral use, as well as tablets.
Composition and pharmachological effect:
CDP Choline (Citicoline) is the active ingredient of the drug. Citicoline is capable of restoring damaged tissue and reduce the amount of free radicals; as a result, there is improvement of nutrition and respiration of the tissue. It also consists of other excipients that enhance the condition and rapid recovery of the patient.
Citicoline carries out the following functions:
- Recovers damaged cell membranes.
- Increases cholinergic transmission in the brain tissues.
- Helps to reduce the severity of neurological symptoms and the duration of post-traumatic coma in brain injury.
- Combats free-radical formation.
- Acts as an inhibitor of the phospholipases.
- Capable of reducing the loss of brain tissue in acute phase of stroke.
- Has a positive influence in motor and sensory neurological disorders of vascular and degenerative etiology.
Ceraxon is effective in many cognitive disorders, reduces the manifestations of amnesia. The drug is absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract, then gradually distributed to the tissues of the body, and the process of metabolism is carried in the intestines and the liver.
Indications for use:
Before you start taking the drug, it is advised to carefully read the indications, contraindications and side effects in order to avoid unintended consequences that could harm your state and well-being.
This nootropic medication may be prescribed individually or as part of combination therapy.
Indications for use:
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke.
- The exacerbation of ischemic stroke.
- Cognitive and behavioral disorders, that were triggered by degenerative and vascular brain diseases.
How to take the drug:
Use of the drug in the form of oral solution:
- Take regardless of the meal.
- The medicament is diluted with liquid before taking.
- In TBI and exacerbation of ischemic stroke, the daily dose should not exceed 1 g twice a day.
- The duration of the course is no longer than 56 days.
The drug is introduced Intravenously:
- In acute ischemic stroke and traumatic brain injury 1 g per day twice a day. The duration of the course should not exceed 56 days.
Side effects from taking this drug occur in rare cases and may be associated with a wrong dosage. In case of side effects, consult with your doctor.
- Injection sollutions: Amilonosar, Luzetam, Eskotropil.
- Tablets – Amilonosar, Memotropil, Noopept, Omaron.
- Capsules – Bilobil, Vinpotropil, Ginkoum, Noben, Idebenone, Karnicetin, Neuromet, Piracetam.
- Sublingual tablets – Glycine.
- Oral solution – Nooklerin, Cogitum, Nootropil.
- Dry extract – Cortexin.
- Nasal drops – Minisem, Semax.