Picamilon (nicotinoyl-GABA) is a nootropic medication with cerebrum vessel expending properties. It improves cerebrum blood circulation and overall functionality, provides antioxidant, antiaggregant, psychostimulant, anti-migrainous and tranquillizing effects.
- Asthenic conditions caused by neuropsychic diseases
- Cerebrum blood circulation disorder (acute ischemia disorder, subacute and recovery periods of ischemic insult, chronic cerebrum blood circulation failure)
- Neuroinfections and cerebral injuries
- Fear, irritation, anxiety and emotional lability
- Migraine prophylaxis
- Open-angle glaucoma (to stabilize vision ability)
- Senile psychosis, asthenia, vegetative-vascular dystonia, depression and its derivatives in elderly patients
- Chronic alcoholism (reduce alcoholic encephalopathy, asthenoneurotic, asthenic, prerecurrent and postpshychotic conditions)
- Arrest of acute alcoholic intoxication (as a complex therapy)
- Increase physical and intellectual performances
- Urination disorder in adults and children 3 years of age and over (Picamilon decreases constrictor hypoxemia and increases bladder adaptability).
- To restore high performance and endurance ability: take 60-80mg per day during 1-1.5 months. Sportsmen are recommended to take during 2 weeks (training period)
- To treat depression in elderly patients: take 40-200mg per day (optimal dosage is 60-120mg) during 1.5-3 months. Before using the drug, ask a doctor.
- To treat asthenia and psychosis: take 40-80mg per day during 1-1.5 months. In some cases the dosage may be increased up to 200-300mg per day.
- To treat cerebral-vascular diseases: take 20-25mg 2-3 times a day (no more than 150mg in 24 hours) during 1-2 months. Repeat the course after 5-6 months of break.
- To treat alcoholism: during abstinence period take 100-150mg a day for 6-7 days; for resistant disorders take 40-60mg per day during 4-5 weeks.
Asthenic conditions: take 20-40mg intramuscular during 1 month (in some case Picamilon is prescribed to be taken in tablets together with injections)
Chronic cerebrum blood circulation disorder: take 100-200mg 1-2 times a day. In some cases, a doctor prescribes the following schedule: inject intravenous dosage for the first 10 days, then intramuscular; or, inject dosage intravenous in the morning and intramuscular in the evening. The course of treatment is 15-30 days.
Arrest of acute uncomplicated ethanol intoxication (as a complex therapy): take 5mg per 1 kg then 1.56mg per 1kg in 2,5 liters of infusion solution during 4 hours. Take 2 times (in the morning and in the evening).
- Allergic reactions, rash
- Vertigo, irritation, anxiety, headache
Picamilon is a nootropic medication that improves blood circulation in cerebrum. It has tranquillizing and psychostimulant properties.