Actovegin pharmacological action: Metabolic. Increases the transport and accumulation of glucose and oxygen, improves their intracellular utilization, stimulates ATP production, providing the energy requirements of the cell.
Actovegin indications for use:
- Metabolic and circulatory disorders of the CNS: encephalopathy of any genesis, cerebrovascular disorders, ischemic stroke (including people over 70 years);
- Craniac injury and other severe hypoxic and post-hypoxic conditions of any genesis (including cardiac surgery);
- Violations of the peripheral circulation (arterial, venous): angiopathy, trophic disorders in varicose veins of the lower extremities, etc.;
- Myocardial infarction, unstable stenocardia, hypertensive crisis of any origin, complicated by cerebrovascular insufficiency (in the complex therapy);
- Trophic and other indolent ulcers of various origins, bedsores, burns, etc.;
- Extensive lesions from injuries;
- Prevention and treatment of radiation injuries (including X-ray and radiotherapy), chemotherapy complications;
The advantages of using Actovegin for athletes:
- Extends the life of organs and tissue cells and enhances their energy potential;
- Has a distinguished insulin-like action;
- Fills muscles with blood (acts more qualitatively than the nitrogen oxide);
- Improves the immune system and accelerates the recovery of an athlete;
- Accelerates the germination of capillaries and activates collagen synthesis;
- Maintains a high level of performance in virtually any sport;
- Treats chronic and physical stress of the cardiovascular system;
- Improves peripheral circulation, resulting in better tissue supply with oxygen;
- Speeds up the process of restoring glycogen spent during exercise;
- Quickly restores the body after power load, improves strength endurance;
By its effect, Actovegin is comparable to a light anabolic steroid, only of a natural basis.
Actovegin is an effective remedy, which accelerates recovery processes of athletes after exercise.
In which sports is it recommended to use Actovegin:
- Running on the short and long distances;
- Bodybuilding, powerlifting, CrossFit;
- Boxing and combat sports;
- Football, basketball, tennis;
Actovegin dosage and administration:
Dosage and application set individually depending on the type and severity of the nosological disease.
The tablets are taken unchewed 200-400 mg 3 times a day before meals with small amount of water.
Parenteral: solution for injections (intravenous or intramuscular), the initial dose – slow IV injections of 5-20 ml or IM injections up to 5 ml, then – 2.5 ml once a day daily, or several times once a week;
Solution for infusion is administered intravenously (drip) in the usual dose – 250 ml with a speed of 2-5 ml / min once daily or several times a week; if necessary, the dose is increased up to 500 mL, course of treatment – 10-20 infusion. 10, 20 or 50 ml injection solution, diluted with 200-300 ml of saline or glucose, can be used for infusions.
For brain blood circulation and metabolism disorders, the drug is administered intravenously, initially 250-500 ml of prepared solution once a day daily for 2 weeks, then 250 ml several times a week for 2-3 weeks;
In ischemic stroke – IV injections of 250-500 ml every day or several times a week for 2-3 weeks;
For arterial angiopathy – IV or IM injections, 250 ml daily or several times a week, course – up to 4 weeks;
For ulcers of various origins, burns – IV injections of 250 ml daily or several times a week depending on the rate of healing (in addition to topical therapy with Actovegin);
For the prevention and treatment of radiation lesions of the skin and mucous membranes – IB injections of 250 ml daily during radiotherapy and for 2 weeks after its completion, in mild cases – 400-800 mg or less.
Usage in pregnancy and breast-feeding: the drug is permissible because so far there are no cases of adverse effects on mother and fetus. Nevertheless, it is advised to weigh the necessity of its use and possible negative effects on the fetus.
Side effects: Allergic (urticaria, flushing of the skin, increased body temperature) and anaphylactoid reactions.
Interaction: Can be used in conjunction with instenon. A solution for injection is compatible with isotonic sodium chloride solution, 5% glucose or fructose solution.
Precautions: In case of experiencing allergic phenomena, stop the treatment, and if necessary use antihistamines, corticosteroids, etc.
IV and IM injections are administered strictly intravascularly, IM injections – slowly and no more than 5 ml (the solution has hypertonic properties). Water and electrolyte metabolism indicators are observed during IV injection.