Arbidol is an antivirus immunostimulating drug.
- Relieves disease severeness
- Reduces the duration of illness
- Decreases the risk of complication occurrence by 95%
- As a prophylactic treatment reduces risks to get infected up to 7.5 times
Arbidol is recommended to take on early stages of illness, when the virus activity is high and the organism didn’t activate its defending immune mechanics yet. Production of interferon in the damaged cells is one of those mechanics.
Endogen human produced interferon, likewise the active ingredient of Arbidol, is a derivative of ethyl ether’s carboxylic acid. It prevents agglutination of virus protein on the walls of undamaged cells.
Interferon is produced in bigger quantities as the cold develops on the early stages of illness and the virus infects more cells. Arbidol allows to replenish the interferon deficit in the beginning of sickness and to reduce duration and gravity of acute respiratory infection.
- Type A and B flu, acute respiratory infection (ARI), severe acute respiratory syndrome including the one aggravated by bronchitis and pneumonia
- Secondary immunodeficient conditions
- Complex therapy of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia and recurrent herpetic infection
- Prophylaxis of post surgery infectious after illness complications and normalization of immune system
- Complex therapy of acute enteric infection of rotavirus etiology in children 3 years of age and over
Arbidol is taken in a couple minutes before meal and in equal time intervals.
Children 2 – 6 years old: 1 tablet 4 times a day. Minimal one time dosage is 50 mg (1 tablet)
Children 6 -12 years old: 2 tablets 4 times a day
Adults and children 12 years and over are recommended to take Arbidol in capsules, as capsules contain twice more of active ingredient than tablets (1 capsule = 100 mg). One time dosage is 2 capsules (200 mg) 4 times a day.
Arbidol is produced in tablets for children and in capsules for adults.
Note: the time interval between taking medicine should be equal, and the course of treatment to not exceed 5 days.
In rare cases, an individual intolerance of the active ingredient may occur
Arbidol, like other medications that take action on cellular level, is not recommended for children under 2 years of age.
Arbidol is the latest antivirus medicine intended for prophylaxis and treatment of virus infections in both, adults and children.