What is Mexidol?
Mexidol is an antioxidant medication used to enhance metabolism and blood supply in cerebrum, to inhibit withdrawal syndrome and to treat suppurative abdomen infections.
Active component: Emoxypine.
- Antioxidant properties (defends cells from excessive oxidation)
- Membrane protector (helps to restore lipids in cellular membranes)
- Antihypoxic properties (increases oxygen deficit endurance of tissues and organism as a whole)
- Nootropic properties (activates mental processes, memory and ability to study)
- Anxiolytic properties (selectively inhibits fear, anxiety, worrying)
- Anticonvulsant and hypolipidemic properties (regulates cholesterol level)
Mexidol provides tranquilizing and anti stress effects, inhibits anxiety, fear, stress and nervousness. When injected parenteral way, it causes similar effects to diazepam (valium) and alprazolam (Xanax).
Nootropic properties of Mexidol improve study and memory qualities and allow to save memory traces and to prevent from skills and reflex extinction. The drug provides antiamnestic effects by preventing from memory disorder (caused by head injury, sleep deprivation, electro shock).
Mexidol increases organism resistance to stress and other negative factors such as ischemia, hypoxemia, shock, alcohol intoxication, cerebrum blood supply disorder.
Mexidol as a part of complex therapy for patients with acute cerebrum blood circulation disorder allows decreasing intensity of ischemic stroke symptoms and increasing oxygen deficit endurance.
In addition, Mexidol decreases endogenic toxicosis during acute pancreatitis.
Mexidol reduces alcohol and neuroleptics intoxication and arrest acute narcotic withdrawal syndrome.
- Acute cerebrum blood circulation disorder
- Irritable heart and vegetative-vascular dystonia
- Dyscirculatory encephalopathy
- Atherosclerotic cerebrum function disorder
- Anxiety and neurotic behavior
- Acute neuroleptics intoxication
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome
- Neurotic and vegetative-vascular disturbance
- Acute suppurative abdomen infections (peritonitis, pancreatonecrosis, pancreatitis)
- Tissue hypoxemia
- Extreme factors impacts
Take 125-250mg 3 times in 24 hours.
The course of treatment starts with the 125-250mg dosage 1-2 times a day following gradual dosage increase for positive therapeutic effects. Maximum daily dosage is 800mg (6 tablets)
The course of treatment is 2-6 weeks.
To arrest alcohol withdrawal syndrome the course should last 5-7 days by gradually reducing the dosage during 2-3 days.
To treat ischemic hear disease the course of treatment should last no less than 1.5-2 months. It is recommended to repeat the course during spring-fall periods.
- Dry mouth
- Allergic reactions
Mexidol is an innovative anti-ischemic, anxiolytic and nootropic medication.