Adaptol is an anxiolytic drug. It is used to inhibit anxiety, fears, irritation and stress and to stabilize mood. It produces anticonvulsant effect by suppressing muscular contraction.
Active component: Mebicar.
Adaptol does not cause coordination disturbance or excessive muscular relaxation. It can be taken during intensive work or study, as it does not develop excessive excitation or exaggerated elation. It has no affect on physical or mental activities.
Adaptol can be used to cease (or to lessen) nicotine withdrawal. The drug is non-drowsy, however it can intensify sleep-aid medications.
Clinical studies of Adaptol show that the medication increases speed, clarity and logic of thinking, stimulates intellectual activity and boosts attention span. The drug does not stimulate pathological emotional activity or cause delirium. The clinical tests discovered no oncological activity of the medication, no ability to cause mutations or toxic poisoning.
- Neurosis and similar anxiety disorders (fear, irritation, emotional destabilization)
- Cardialgia (not related to IHD)
- Improves effects of tranquilizers and neuroleptics
- Oxidative stress (as adaptogen and for cerebral protection)
- Premenstrual syndrome and menopause
- Nicotine withdrawal (as a component of complex treatment of nicotine withdrawal)
- Adults: take 500 mg 2-3 times a day, any time during the day. One time maximum dosage is 3g; do not take more than 10g in 24 hours. Course of treatment may vary from several days up to 2-3 months as advised by a doctor
- Children 10 years of age and over: take 300-500 mg 3 times in 24 hours
- As complex therapy for nicotine withdrawal the dosage is 600-900 mg 3 times in 24 hours. Course of treatment takes 5 to 6 weeks as advised by a doctor
Do not use if you have allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Do not use during pregnancy (especially during the first 3 months)
Do not use in children under 10 years of age
Side effects occur when the drug is taken in exaggerate dosage.
Rare side effects are: allergic reaction, decrease of body temperature and blood pressure, weakness and dizziness.
Adaptol (Mebicar) is an anxiolytic medication, daytime non-drowsy tranquillizer.